Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another step complete!

Today we had our final in-home meeting for the home assessment.  It went well, and now all we have to do is get our fingerprints, wait for our social worker to write the reports, and finish our profile books and we'll be officially waiting to adopt!  Oh, and find some way to come up with the money that we need.  We still don't have quite enough, but we'll get there.

It's getting kind of exciting to think that we could be close to becoming parents again.  I've been thinking a lot lately about what we'll do when we get a match.  Will we tell everyone, or keep it a secret?  What will we tell the girls?  Will we get the nursery ready or wait, afraid that the birthmother might change her mind?  I don't think we'll really know the answers to these questions until we are matched and see how it feels.  That's not really stopping me from obsessing about it though.

I also need to start looking for an adoption attorney.  That's something I am waiting for next week to even think about because I am just too overwhelmed right now.  Work is crazy busy, Eric's just getting started with his second job, the kids still have dance until May, and I'm just a little over stressed.  It's weird though, because usually stress makes me feel sad, but this time it just makes me tired - I'm very happy right now and I feel confident that things will work out the way they are supposed to.  I suppose  that's because I have more faith in God now than I ever have had at any previous point in my life.  It's a very good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment