Monday, March 8, 2010

It's the End of the World as We Know It....

That's the song that's been stuck in my head for the last week.  I have no idea why.  I was a huge R.E.M. fan way back when, so maybe that's why.  Or maybe it's my subconscious telling me that my life is changing.  Could be that too, I suppose.

Tonight was Eric's first night at the second job, but he only stayed for an hour.  It was orientation and paperwork, and for some reason the room he needed to be in was going to be occupied for a while and they told him to go home and come back Wednesday.  So, day one was a success, if you can call it that.  I handled it fairly well.  I managed to cook dinner, help the kids with their homework (yes, preschoolers get homework too!), do dishes, make lunches, lay out clothes, and shower the kids.  Eric came home in the middle of all that, but he was having a late dinner and I wanted to do it all anyway to see how it's going to be.  I'm tired!

We have another little snafu in our plans to be a three-income household.  Today I found out that I may have to go to Houston for work next week.  Nothing is definite yet, but now that my boss knows about my having to leave by 5:15 every night (official work hours are only until 4:45 but no one usually leaves until at least 5:30 or 6)  I am afraid to say no, because it will come back to haunt me.  I hope if I do end up having to go, I can go down for a day only and not have to stay the night.  That would be a long day though, but better than the alternative. I'm trying not to stress about it too much though, because it's in God's hands.  I am only one person and can only do what I can do, but God can do anything and will guide me to the right path.

On the adoption front, we are now well into the home assessment.  It should be finished in a couple more weeks.  The only hold up right now are the fingerprints that Eric and I just haven't had time to go get yet, and the written report which the social worker will do.  That will take an extra week with Spring break coming up, but I'm okay with that since we don't have enough money to pay the activation fee anyway.

On the kid front, we're doing well.  Kera went for her 4 year old checkup today and is 0% for weight and 2% for height.  But hey, at least she's on the chart!  She used to be wayyyyy below the chart.  She had to get shots, so her legs were too sore to go to dance tonight.  Poor baby.  She could barely get up and down from her dinner chair tonight.  I sure hope she feels better tomorrow!

Kaylee is just about ready for kindergarten now.  We got her health assessment filled out, so that just needs to be turned in.  She already had her 5 year old checkup so the doctor just signed the form.  Luckily we did all of the vaccinations early, at our pediatrician's suggestion, so she doesn't have to go through that particular kindergarten milestone.  The lottery for all day kindergarten is in a little over 2 weeks, so I am praying that she gets in.  I know it's not the end of the world if she doesn't.  It's something about my children's educations that makes me a little crazy.  I get really competitive and obsessive.  There's a rumor going around that due to budget cuts, the school district is considering 4 day school weeks.  If that happens, I will seriously consider putting my kids in private school.  There's just no way I would stand for that!  We bought our house in this school district specifically because it's supposed to be one of the best in the state.

Anyway, one sign of fatigue is rambling, so I think that's my cue that it's bedtime. 

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, praying everything works out with your job and school for Kaylee, etc. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete