Monday, March 22, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

Why are Mondays always so hard?  Today was no exception.  I was out sick on Friday so I started off the day Way, way behind at work.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have a week's worth of stuff that needs to be done, like yesterday.  And to top it off I'm now at NEGATIVE 20 sick hours, and I'm really scared for my job.  I just can't keep up.  It seems like no one  else in my department has to deal with what I do -  2 working parents and young children.  It's just so hard.

*If* I were to lose my job, it may be a blessing in disguise for family time, but it would be a disaster for our adoption plans.  I'm trying not to dwell on it, because I really am doing the best job that I can, but I am worried.

In other news, Kera gets to have surgery again.  She needs another set of tubes put in her ears.  It's just a minor procedure, really, but of course I'm worried.  I'm mom, that's my job.  I know that she'll be able to hear better and won't get ear infections.  I know keeping her well keeps her appetite up and helps her gain weight.  But I still worry.  When I look at her I still see my tiny little fragile baby.

I scheduled the surgery for April 2nd since I already have the day off of work.  That means I'll have to post pone the garage sale.  I'm bummed because now we'll potentially have to wait even longer to pay our program entrance fee but what else can we do?  Eric's already working 2 jobs, I'm working as hard as I can, we're cutting expenses where we can....we are already planning on taking out a loan for the match/placement fees, but we need to pay cash for the entrance fee, birth mother expenses, and legal fees.

 To put the icing on my Monday cake, Kera busted her lip open at her dance lesson tonight.  She was running around with her friends playing tag before class started and one of the big girls knocked her over.  Not a major deal, but seeing her bleeding and crying made me sad.  She's fine; it's nothing a popsicle wouldn't fix, but again, mom's job is to worry. I'm beginning to see a theme here.

As if all of this excitement isn't enough, we're adding a third child to the mix!  Then things will really start to get interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment