Saturday, April 17, 2010

Garage Sale Day!

Today was the much anticipated garage sale.  It was so much work to put this together.  Luckily the members of my Life Group really gave us a lot of help.  We had a pre-garage sale party last night and everyone help to carry things, organize them, price them, clean them, etc.  A few people donated items to be sold, so we ended up with a pretty good haul.

Our morning started out bright and early today.  The garage was full of lots of stuff.


 

We had a slow but steady stream of people all day.  It was cool out, but at least it didn't rain.  I guess this would classify as a success.  We raised about $220.  Those familiar with the adoption world know that this is less than a typical application fee, much less a significant chunk of the total fees.  But, it is what it is, right?  It helps.

I don't understand how people can do these things all the time -- it just doesn't really seem worth the effort to me.  I spent hours preparing, organizing, pricing, etc. not to mention the 10 hours today the garage sale was actually open.  I don't think we'll be doing another garage sale as a fundraiser, but at least we know now.

Today was also Kaylee's very first dance performance!  Two of my good friends came over and babysat my garage sale while I took Kaylee -- Eric was at Carmax today.

I can't say that the performance itself was great, but Kaylee did rather well considering it was her first time.  She was nervous, but she conquered her fear and got out there and danced!  A few pictures:

Hanging out in her tap costume (She's supposed to be a bunny)



Nerves hit when it's time to get on "stage"


One of the older girls who helps out at the studio helped them all get in their places.  This was a first performance for almost all of the girls.




A little bit of dancing.  The girls were all pretty timid.  Their big recital is in a couple of more weeks, so there's still time to get the number down a little better.





It looks kind of like Kaylee is just standing there, but I promise she's moving!  Her movements were kind of "smaller" than they usually are, but now that her first ever performance is behind her, she'll have more confidence next time.

All in all, it was a very busy  day today.  Tomorrow is going to be just as bad because we have church, Eric's working at Carmax again, and I have to do all of the chores and shopping that I should have started on today.  And then it will be Monday and I'll be counting down the days until the weekend all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment